A basic Ray Tracer that exploits numpy arrays and functions to work fast. The code is written keeping as much readability as possible.
- [x] Refraction
- [x] Thin film interference
- [x] Textures
- [x] Monte Carlo Ray Tracing with importance sampling
- [ ] Relativistic optical effects
Just clone or download this repo. You'll need to install two packages.
- Pillow is a fork of the PIL package. It provides the Image module for this application.
to install it run the following.
pip install pillow
- Numpy is a scientific package that helps with mathematical functions.
pip install numpy
See the examples to see how to render the following images: