HTTPie (pronounced aitch-tee-tee-pie) is a command line HTTP client. Its goal is to make CLI interaction with web services as human-friendly as possible. It provides a simple http command that allows for sending arbitrary HTTP requests using a simple and natural syntax, and displays colorized output. HTTPie can be used for testing, debugging, and generally interacting with HTTP servers.
HTTPie consists of a single http command designed for painless debugging and interaction with HTTP servers, RESTful APIs, and web services:
- Sensible defaults
- Expressive and intuitive command syntax
- Colorized and formatted terminal output
- Built-in JSON support
- Persistent sessions
- Forms and file uploads
- HTTPS, proxies, and authentication support
- Support for arbitrary request data and headers
- Wget-like downloads
- Linux, macOS, and Windows support
- And more…
HTTPie—aitch-tee-tee-pie—is a command line HTTP client with an intuitive UI, JSON support, syntax highlighting, wget-like downloads, plugins, and more.