Golem – Test Automation
Golem is a test framework and a complete tool for browser automation. Tests can be written with code in Python, codeless using the web IDE, or both.
Tests can be written with the web app
But, they are still Python code
- Multi-user web IDE
- Extended classes for WebDriver and WebElement
- More than 200 self documenting Actions
- Webdriver-manager utility
- Built in parallel test support
- Reporting engine
Golem is still in beta!. Read the changelog before upgrading.
Test Execution Detail
Golem works with Python 3.5+
pip install golem-framework
Read the full installation guide here: https://golem-framework.readthedocs.io/en/latest/installation.html
Create a test directory anywhere in your machine
golem-admin createdirectory <test_directory>
Download the latest webdriver executables
cd <test_directory> webdriver-manager update
Webdriver executables are downloaded to the drivers folder. For more information check this page of the documentation.
Start the Web Module
The Web Module can be accessed at http://localhost:5000/
By default, the following user is available: username: admin / password: admin
Run a Test From Console
golem run <project> <test> golem run <project> <suite>
- -b | –browsers: a list of browsers, by default use defined in settings.json or Chrome
- -p | –processes: run in parallel, default 1 (not parallel)
- -e | –environments: a list of environments, the default is none
- -t | –tags: filter tests by tags
If you have any question please use the Gitter channel.
If you found a bug or want to contribute code please read the contributing guide.