Welcome to my Wordle Solver! Quickly guess the wordle of the day between three to five attemtps!
Wordle is a word game reminiscent of mastermind. The player tries to guess a five letter word within six attempts. After each attempt, hints are given. Green tiles show that the letter is in the right position. Yellow tiles indicate that the letter is in the word but in the wrong spot. Grey tiles show that the letter is not in the world. Words a 5 lettered and only a maximum of six attempts are allowed.
Use the package manager pip to install required dependicies found in
pip install -r requirements.txt
- Open a console
- Create a vitual enviroment
- Install the dependiences
- Run the following command
python3 solver.pyin the console
- Follow the instructions
Operating the Solver
- Open Wordle and Run
solver.pyside by side.
- A sequence of 15 words should appear in the console. These are the words that have the highest commonality value ranging from 0 to 1. The higher the value, the higher the chance it is to have a letter in the daily wordle.
- Choose a word from the list and enter it into the Wordle Puzzle.
- Enter the cooresponding output.
1for green tiles,
2for yellow tiles, and
3for grey tiles. Hit Enter.
- Another sequence of words sorted by their commonality values will appear. Choose one and repeat steps 3 and 4 until the Wordle is correctly guessed.
There are options available to customize the solver
- The word list can be changed by altering the
words.txtfile in the data folder. However, its name and path must be
- The length of word can be changed depending on the the size of the board. The default is set to
5. This can be changed by altering the
word_lenvariable in the
wordle.pyfile. Note that the words in the
words.txtonly inlcude five letter words, which are standard to wordle
- The number of attempts can also be altered by changing the
- The set of legal characters can also be altered by changing the
Pull requests are welcome. For major changes, please open an issue first to discuss what you would like to change.