CaterApp is a cross platform, remotely data sharing tool created for sharing files in a quick and secured manner. It is aimed to integrate this tool with several more features including providing a User Interface.
A Quick & Secured Data Sharing Application!
? What's so exciting ?
CaterApp comes with a range of fantastic features for you:
- Share any type of file, including large videos and compressed documents.
- You can choose as much files as you want.
- Keeps you updated with the file, i.e. being shared in real time.
- Also, it displays the size of files (in bytes).
- Automatically detects sender's IP.
- Tells the speed at which the data got delivered and a lot more...
This is a
python application that relies on its cater module.
- A device with any operating system having bash / zsh terminal or python shell(preferred Linux)
- Python 3.2 or higher version
- pip (latest recommended)
➡ Steps to Install
Installation can be done through CLI in just a few of the simple steps:
- Either clone this repository or simply download the CaterApp-v1.1 here (tar, zip)
- Extract the compressed file (if you have cloned/downloaded) and navigate into CaterApp directory
- Execute the
installer.shto install the application through following terminal command:
After successful installation, you should see something like this:
Once you have installed the application on your system, you can simply access CaterApp tool with a single command as follows:
As an alternative, you can also follow the following:
$ cd ~/CaterApp/caterapp $ python cater.py
- Keep the file(s) in current working directory, that you want to sahre.
- All your received files will appear in received/ directory at the current location.
- To know your current location before sharing / receiving the files, run:
To use the app without installation, please refer to this link.