A Discord bot for dispensing testnet tokens.
- gaia v6.0.0+
- Faucet keys in gaia keyring
- Install dependencies:
cosmos-discord-faucet$ python -m venv .env cosmos-discord-faucet$ source .env/bin/activate cosmos-discord-faucet$ pip install -r requirements.txt
- Create Discord token and save its token.
- Add the bot token to
- Modify the nodes, faucet addresses, and amount to send in
This bot can be run stand-alone (mostly for testing), or as a service.
- This can be run inside a
- Modify the
cosmos-discord-faucet.servicefile as appropriate.
- Make a copy of
cosmos-discord-faucet.serviceor create a link to it in
- Enable and start the service:
systemctl daemon-reload systemctl enable cosmos-discord-faucet.service systemctl start cosmos-discord-faucet.service systemctl status cosmos-discord-faucet.service
- Request tokens through the faucet:
$request [cosmos address] vega|theta
- A ✅ means the transaction was successful
Request the faucet and node status:
Request the faucet address:
Request information for a specific transaction:
$tx_info [transaction hash ID] vega|theta
Request the address balance:
$balance [cosmos address] vega|theta
This repo is based on cosmos-discord-faucet:
- The cosmospy library calls have been replaced by calls to
gaiadto avoid deprecated endpoints and messages.
- The address prefix has been switched to