A free, easy to use, digital photograph metadata (Exif, IPTC, XMP) editing application.
"Metadata" is said to mean "data about data". In the context of digital photographs this means information that isn't essential in order to display the image, but tells you something about it. For example a title and description of the scene or the date & time and the GPS coordinates of the camera's position when the picture was taken.
"[Photini] doesn't try to be an all-singing, all-dancing image management powerhouse - it just lets you add information to photos, quickly and easily."
—Linux Format magazine, January 2013
- Easy to use graphical interface.
- Set photo title, description, keywords, copyright and creator fields.
- Some support for video files.
- Spell checking of some fields (optional).
- Can set metadata for multiple images simultaneously.
- Can adjust picture date & time and time zone (of multiple images simultaneously).
- Reads Exif, IPTC and XMP metadata, writes all three to maximise compatibility with other software.
- Writes metadata to image files or to XMP "sidecar" files.
- Can import photographs from many digital cameras.
- Upload to Flickr and/or Google Photos with reuse of metadata.
- Geotagging - search map to find named places.
- Choice of map providers - instantly switch to compare details.
- Drag and drop images on to map to set GPS location.
- Edit coordinates if required, or clear to unset GPS data.
- Convert GPS coordinates to street address.
- Suggestions for further development welcome.