Kotti is most useful when you are developing applications that
- have complex security requirements,
- use workflows, and/or
- work with hierarchical data.
Built on top of a number of best-of-breed software components, most notably Pyramid and SQLAlchemy, Kotti introduces only a few concepts of its own, thus hopefully keeping the learning curve flat for the developer.
Kotti CMS is a content management system that’s heavily inspired by Plone. Its main features are:
- User-friendliness: editors can edit content where it appears; thus the edit interface is contextual and intuitive
- WYSIWYG editor: includes a rich text editor
- Responsive design: Kotti builds on Bootstrap, which looks good both on desktop and mobile
- Templating: you can extend the CMS with your own look & feel with almost no programming required
- Add-ons: install a variety of add-ons and customize them as well as many aspects of the built-in CMS by use of an INI configuration file
- Security: the advanced user and permissions management is intuitive and scales to fit the requirements of large organizations
- Internationalized: the user interface is fully translatable, Unicode is used everywhere to store data
Kotti is offered under the BSD-derived Repoze Public License.
Support and Documentation
If you have questions or need help, you can post on our mailing list / forum or join us on IRC: #kotti on irc.freenode.net.
If you think you found a bug, open an issue on our Github bugtracker.