Kotti is a high-level, Pythonic web application framework based on Pyramid and SQLAlchemy. It includes an extensible Content Management System called the Kotti CMS (see below).
Kotti is most useful when you are developing applications that
- have complex security requirements,
- use workflows, and/or
- work with hierarchical data.
Built on top of a number of best-of-breed software components, most notably Pyramid and SQLAlchemy, Kotti introduces only a few concepts of its own, thus hopefully keeping the learning curve flat for the developer.
Kotti CMS is a content management system that's heavily inspired by Plone. Its main features are:
- User-friendliness: editors can edit content where it appears; thus the edit interface is contextual and intuitive
- WYSIWYG editor: includes a rich text editor
- Responsive design: Kotti builds on Bootstrap, which looks good both on desktop and mobile
- Templating: you can extend the CMS with your own look & feel with almost no programming required
- Add-ons: install a variety of add-ons and customize them as well as many aspects of the built-in CMS by use of an INI configuration file
- Security: the advanced user and permissions management is intuitive and scales to fit the requirements of large organizations
- Internationalized: the user interface is fully translatable, Unicode is used everywhere to store data
Subscribe to Python Awesome
Get the latest posts delivered right to your inbox