SoloPy is a library of SOLO Motor Controllers write in PYTHON compatible also with RASPBERRY PI. It can be used with UART line of RASPBERRY PI or any similar controller to control, command or read all the parameters that are stored or existing in command set of SOLO. More information about it on the SOLO website.
How To Use
Please make sure you have installed Dependencies
To download the full library with examples .. code-block:
$ git clone https://github.com/Solo-FL/SoloPy.git SoloMotorControllers
For List of All the Available Methods Read the DataSheet
Configuring UART on Raspberry Pi
In Raspberry Pi, enter following command in Terminal window to enable UART:: .. code-block:
$ sudo raspi-config
- Select -> Interfacing Options
- After selecting Interfacing option, select Serial option to enable UART
- Then it will ask for login shell to be accessible over Serial, select No shown as follows.
- At the end, it will ask for enabling Hardware Serial port, select Yes,
- Finally, our UART is enabled for Serial Communication on RX and TX pin of Raspberry Pi 3.
- Then, reboot the Raspberry Pi.
Communication within USB
- Connect Solo to Raspberry Pi or Pc
- Open terminal in linux(cmd in windows) & enter the following command
- python -m serial.tools.list_ports -v
- get the port name that solo is connected to (in linux it's sth like '/dev/ttyAMC0' and in windows it's sth like 'COM8'
To test the examples in Raspberry Pi you might need to put the example files within the "src" folder to be able to compile them The installation of "pyserial" is mandatory, to install that .. code-block:
$ sudo apt-get install python-serial
SoloPy is created by SOLO Motor Controllers team
GNU General Public License v3.0 or later