A minimal, standalone viewer for 3D animations stored as stop-motion sequences of individual .obj mesh files.
- pip3 install -r requirements.txt
- python3 ObjSequenceViewer_v0.5.py
After the program starts, you will be asked to specify the directory that the sequence of .obj meshes resides in (files need to be named in a consecutive manner).
All .obj meshes need to be loaded in RAM before the animation starts, which can be a time consuming process.
Tested on Ubuntu 20.04.
- Rotate left: A button
- Rotate right: D button
- Zoom in: W button
- Zoom out: S button
- Toggle solid/wireframe view: F button
- Use a screen capturing program (e.g., vokoscreen – https://github.com/vkohaupt/vokoscreenNG)
- Add sliders for controling animation speed
- Add texture support
- Control background color
- Reduce loading time through parallelization