Decker is a multimedia platform for creating and sharing interactive documents, with sound, images, hypertext, and scripted behavior.
There is also a community forum on itch.io.
make testjs make web-decker
Periodic binary releases of the native version of Decker (c-decker) for OSX and Windows are available on itch.io. Building from source requires:
On OSX, BSD, or Linux, fetch the appropriate SDL2 packages and then build with
make. This has also been reported to build and run successfully under WSL.
brew install sdl2 sdl2_image # OSX/Homebrew sudo apt install libsdl2-2.0-0 libsdl2-dev libsdl2-image-dev # Debian make lilt # (optional) command-line tools make decker # build decker itself make test # (optional) regression test suite sudo make install # (optional) install lilt, decker, and lil syntax profiles
Building the documentation requires multimarkdown:
brew install multimarkdown make docs
The Decker project is released under the MIT license. Any contributions to this repository are understood to fall under the same license.
- Bug fixes and typo corrections are always welcome.
- Bug reports must include simple steps for reproduction and clearly indicate the OS and/or web browser where the bug arises.
- PRs should match the style of existing code.
- PRs should be as small as possible, and must not contain bundled unrelated changes.
- PRs must include updates for documentation (see: the
docsdirectory) wherever relevant.
- PRs must pass the entire test suite (see:
- When modifying the C version of Decker, avoid generating warnings and do not use compiler-specific features such as GCC extensions.
Please refrain from submitting Pull Requests to this repository containing new features without first discussing their inclusion in an Issue. Decker is intended to be small, simple, and cozy. There are an infinite number of features that could potentially be added, but creative constraints are also valuable. If you have a differing vision, feel empowered to explore it in your own fork of the project- that’s what permissive licenses are for.