A program to check existing local chrome driver version and automatically downloads the latest available version online.
- Checks local chromedriver driver version on your computer and compares it with the latest version available online.
- The latest online version/release will be downloaded if it does not match your local version.
- If no local chromedriver.exe file is found in the specified folder path, it will be downloaded automatically to that particular folder.
- Download Google Chrome
- Pip install Selenium Library
- Make sure you have Python installed in your system.
- Run the following to install:
pip install webdriver-auto-update
# webdriver_auto_update.py from webdriver_auto_update import check_driver ## Make sure to pass in the folder used for storing/downloading chromedriver check_driver('folder/path/of/your/chromedriver')
- The objective of this program is to reduce redundancy of searching and downloading the updated version of chrome driver to the OpenSource community.
- Intended to be used in Selenium projects.