About the project
Discord recently felt like it would be a good idea to limit the favorites to 250, which made me lose most of my gifs…
Luckily for us, the links of the gifs are stored in Discord’s local storage until you log off the app.
- This is a python script, so you’ll need to have python installed, duh.
- You will also need the requests module (can be installed by typing
pip install requestsin a terminal)
Setting up the backup
Before using the Python script you must first setup some stuff
- Open up Discord and then press
- Go to the
- Then go to the left side and click
gifin the filter box
- Double click the value of
GIFFavoritesStoreand press CTRL + C
- Go in this project’s folder and open up
- Paste what you copied earlier in the file and save.
- Run the python script and enjoy!
who cares just yoink it