A python script to solve Wordle puzzles.
How to use
- Git clone this repo to your machine
- Open the main.py file in your favorite text editor
- Find the section
wordle_rawand adapt it to your current board state
- Run and pick one of the 10 recommended words based on frequency
- Repeat until solved!
How to enter your wordle board:
The wordle solver uses a text based representation of the board to compute the best next guesses using english language frequency as a heuristic (as the puzzle designers are more likely to pick well known than obscure words).
In the program input, each capital letter refers to the actual letter (A-Z) while each lower case letter refers to its color:
Say you had the following current wordle state:
This would be represented as:
wordle_raw = [ "Cy Ry Ab Nb Ey", "Fb Ry Ob Wb Nb", "Fb Ab Cg Eg Rg", ]
When you run the program, it would then give you a list of recommended next guess with an integer indicating their frequency in the English language:
- words_alpha.txt: https://github.com/dwyl/english-words
- unigram_freq.csv: https://www.kaggle.com/rtatman/english-word-frequency