A Python tool to generate a static HTML file that represents the internal structure of a PDF file
At some point the low-level functions developed for this CLI will be exposed as an API for programmatic use.
WORK IN PROGRESS!
The generated HTML looks like the raw PDF file with the following additions:
- Pretty-print dictionary object
- Extract an object contained in an object stream and insert it in the flow like a regular object
- Decompress stream and display a small part of it
- Turn indirect object reference into hyperlink
- Turn offset reference (for example a /Prev entry) into hyperlink
- Put some color on key names (for example /Type)
- Display offset of an object
Generate the HTML file and open it in your browser:
python3 -m pdfsyntax inspect file.pdf > inspection.html