An OCR translator tool. Made by me by utilizing Tesseract, compiled to .exe using pyinstaller. I made this program to learn more about python.
- tesseract, You only need to install it and its language tessdata
- Internet connection Obviously
- Python 3.5+, checked using vermin (I am using python 3.9.6)
- Libraries from python: os, sys, functools, json, webbrowser, subprocess, datetime, Mbox, tkinter, pathlib, asyncio
- External libraries: pyperclip, pytesseract, pyautogui, pillow, deepl_scraper_pp, deep_translator, keyboard
You can install them by running pip_install.bat or by installing them yourself, full details are located at requirements.txt.
*If i miss anything please let me know.
Tutorial on How To Install and Setup
Download the latest release of this program
Install tesseract, make sure to select install all language pack when prompted
Open the ScreenTranslate.exe
Check settings, make sure tesseract location is correct
Set monitor scaling to 100% so that image is captured accurately (If scaling is not set to 100% you will need to set offset in setting) (Recommended)
Set offset if on multiple monitors. (Optional)
Try capturing image and see if it works or not, if it doesn’t, go check the image captured in img_cache folder. If it still doesn’t work, try to change the offset.
Now that you have set everything, the app should be ready. Feel free to submit new issue on the github repository if you encounter any bugs.
Clone the repo or download the source code of the latest release
Install tesseract, make sure select install all language pack when prompted
Install all the dependencies used for the project
Run and test the source code
If everything works, you can run the app normally running the ScreenTranslate.py file or using the TempRun.bat
if everything works and you have a suggestion or improvement, you can submit a pull request on the github repository. I will check if it’s a good idea to add it.
How To Compile It To .exe Yourself
# On Source Code Directory pyinstaller ScreenTranslate.spec
Read this stackoverflow post to learn more on how to do it.
Tutorial on How To Use
- Select Language
- Translate or Capture Image using the capture window
- Set hotkeys and delays as needed
- Set offset if needed (Usually when scaling is not 100% or when using multiple monitors)
This is a free open source software, you can use it for any purpose. However, I am not responsible for any damage caused by this software. Use it at your own risk. (Not that it will do anything to you, it’s just a tool to help you translate text lol)
This is also non profit, I gain no money from creating this.