GDExtension Project Creator
this is a script (currently only for linux) where you execute a script that generates a base project for your gdextension, it setups all base files needed for the most basic of gdextension.
- Download godot-cpp -> https://github.com/godotengine/godot-cpp
- Download the content of this repo
- extract inside the
How to use
- open terminal at godot-cpp folder
- You will be asked for project name which will be the folder name and the resulting build file names
- Then it will ask the class you want to extends like: Control,Node3D,Node
- at last it will tell you to moodify
build.shwill build your project
OUTDIRchange to the project you want the output files to be
I’ve added inside the
base folder a script called
create_class.sh which means when you create a project the script is copied to your project folder, the name itself describes what it does, it create a new class and already reagister it on
register_types.cpp which means you can add classes faster now:
- on terminal type
- Will be asked for class name
- Then which class your class extends from i.e Control,Node….
If you understand windows
.bat, and want to convert the .sh scripts for windows, your PR is very welcome!