- The backend part of the simple password manager project.
- Your task will be to showcase your creativity on our channel by making a GUI application of the password manager with Python.
- This backend will help you to be chill about the backend working for now so you can focus on frontend part right now.
- You do not need to worry about the security, that’s done with this backend module.
Class Diagram of the Working class
About the challenge
- You only need to import the working class use it for making your own password manager app(GUI apps only).
- Make this app, upload on GitHub and tag us on our social and we will review your code and give you a shoutout.
- Keep the link of the repo in the post and tag us on the social media.
- You have total freedom to develop the app of your design. Just do not be abusive because we cannot show such content on our channel. Be PG13.
- You can see our password manager app made with PyQt5 using the tutorial link
- For knowing more on how this backend is made, you can follow our Simple Password Manager tutorial
- PyQt5 documentation
- We have used PyQt5 for the tutorial because it is the most popular Python GUI framework. You are however free to use GUI framework of your choice. Just a suggestion that Tkinter will not be good because this will be a big project.
Code Examples to work with the backend module.
Installing the module
pip install simplepasswordmanagerbackend
Use pip3 if the name of pip is given that way.
Importing the setup function
from SimplePasswordManagerBackend import setupDatabase
Setting up the database with primary password
Importing the working class
from SimplePasswordManagerBackend import Working
Making the working object
working = Working(primaryPassword)
It will encrypt the password and check if it is ok or not.
Checking if password entered was correct or not
if working.loginStatus: # Login succesful. Password was right. else: # Password was wrong. Login not succesful.
Changing primary password of the database
Getting an entry from database
This will return the password in string format.
Putting an entry from the database
working.putEntry(email, website, password)
This method will return a boolean based on entry is done in the database.
Updating an entry
working.updateEntry(oldEmail, oldWebsite, email, website, password)
Returns nothing. Just updates the database.
To see the entries present in the database.
This returns entries in list of (email, password).
Will return all the tuples of email and website present in the database.