A simple electric car model was build using Raspbery pi. The car has remote control and autonomous operation capabilities.
It main features are:
- Remote, teleoperated, driving capability
- Fully autonomous parking capability
- Omni-directional moving capability
This simply project is meant to illustrate how an autonomous parking assistance feature could be integrated into an omni-directional electric car.
The expected operational process would be as follows:
- Under normal driving status the driver operates the electric car through a remote control
- When the driver decided that he/she wishes to park somewhere they initiate the parking assistance procedure
- The parking assistance module searches the near vicinity of the car with its ultrasonic sensor for an appropriate parking spot where the car could fit
- If the spot is identified the car makes the requried manoevres and performs teh parking operation autonomosly.
- If no appropriate parking spot is identified the car notifys the driver to resume driving