A small script to help me solve Wordle because I’m that lazy.
Warning: I didn’t write this to be efficient nor elegant at all, so you’ll probably have a hard time with the UI and the untidy code. I just thought I might as well save it to GitHub.
Clone/download the repo:
git clone https://github.com/k4yt3x/wordle-solver.git cd wordle-solver/src
pip3 install -U -r requirements.txt
Launch the script:
- The script will give you an initial guess. If this word exists in Wordle, press ^C to continue. Otherwise, press enter to get the next initial word.
- Pick a word from the possible answers, and tell the script what you picked.
- Tell the script which characters exist in the word and where. See the notes below.
- Goto step 2 unless you’ve found the right answer, then ^C.
More about how to do step 3:
- The format is char[CHAR],position[INT],correct[INT]
- char: the character that exists or is in the right position
- position: the position you put it at (index start at 0)
- correct: 1 if it’s in the right position, else 0
- For example, if you put character
cat index 1 but it’s not at the right place, input
xis at the right place at index 4, input
- You must enter the result for all characters that exist in the last word you put in. The program will automatically list all character not entered as excluded.
- When you’re done, press enter blank input to continue