CanUseTimer-Terminal is an open source writed in Python speedcubing timer created to work in a terminal or command prompt window. Because this the program is soft and run anywhere, it means that can run in probally any computer with bad hardware and any operating system (Windows, Linux and MacOS X). In future I will create a grafical interface based in it, but I don't know a good grafical interface Library or API to use in my project
Release notes (0.1.4)
- Linux installer more faster;
- Bug fixes.
How it work?
First you need to install Python 3.8 or higher on your machine, if you use Linux or MacOS not is required to install, if you don't have in Windows you can install in the Python's official website and download the .zip file or clone repository. The program have an installer only for Linux, more installer will come soon
After install and open you need to press numbers and enter to do anything to program the numbers are:
- Start the timer
- Change modality
- Clear times
- Exit program
How to open in Windows?
For a while Windows not have an install version, to run you need to have Python 3.8 or higher installed, is recommended you install Python in windows store, after this you can open the program with a double click in the
Main.py file to start the program normaly.
If it doesn't work try open cmd go to the repository directory and run the command:
How to install in Linux?
You can install using the
install.sh file. To start it you need to open the terminal in the directory and digit:
after this the program will install all the libraries needed and itself, to start you can digit in your terminal:
You need to open with sudo because some libraries doesn't work without super user (I don't know why this is hapening but I will fix it soon).
- Lightweight program (Almost 240Kb of space);
- Run all platforms (Windows, Linux
, MacOS X
- Don't need internet (but you can't update it);
- It follow the WCA regulations;
- Open source (Read the GPLv3 licensse for more info).
- This is the terminal version without grafical interface;
- This program is tested only in Linux and Windows, and not in other else;
- this is a BETA version, it's not done yet;
- If you found bugs please report to fast fixing.
Version: 0.1.4 BETA