IRedis (Interactive Redis)
A Terminal Client for Redis with AutoCompletion and Syntax Highlighting. It is an alternative for redis-cli. IRedis is supposed to friendly for both user and redis-server, which means it is safe to use IRedis on production server. IRedis provide a
--strict mode to prevent accidently running dangerous command, like
KEYS *(See here, the Latency generated by slow commands section.
This project is under development, any comments are welcome.
- Advanced code completion. If you run command
DEL, iredis will auto complete your command based on
- Command validation:
CLUSTER MEET IP PORT
- Command highlighting, fully based on redis grammar. Any valide command in iredis shell is a valide redis command.
- Ctrl + C to clear cureent line, won't exit redis-cli. Use Ctrl + D
- Say "Goodbye!" to you when you exit!
- Ctrl + R to open reverse-i-search to search through command history.
- Auto suggestions. (Like fish shell.)
--encode=utf-8, to decode Redis' bytes responses.
- Command hint on bottom, include command syntax, supported redis version, and time complexity.
pip install iredis
$ iredis -h
iredis favors poetry as a packagement tool. You can setup a develop envioment on your computer easily.
First, install poetry(You can do it in a python's virtualenv):
pip install poetry
Then run(which euqals
pip install -e .):
poetry install --develop=DEVELOP
Since this is a commandline tool, so we didn't write logs to stdout.
tail -f iredis.log to see logs, the log is pretty clear, you can see what actually happend from log files.
There is a full Redis command list in commands.csv file, downloaded by:
python scripts/download_redis_commands.py > data/commands.csv
commands.csv is here only for test if redis.io was updated, do not package it into release.
Current implemented commands: command_syntax.csv.
Please see issue. And you are welcome to submit one.