Distribution Analyser is a Web App that allows you to interactively explore continuous distributions from SciPy and fit distribution(s) to your data. Open the app in Streamlit and explore online, or clone repo and explore locally.
How to use
Here is a link to YouTube for Distribution Analyser walkthrough.
- Explore distributions - Interactively explore continuous distribution functions from SciPy v1.6.1.
- Fit distributions - Import your data and fit selected continuous distribution(s) to them.
- Select distribution
- Use sliders to change distribution parameters and see how distribution changes
- Fine tunning:
- Slider can be in steps of 0.10 / 0.01
- Possible to enter paramter values manually
- Dark/Light Mode
- Figure display on/off options:
- CDF (with option P(X<=x))
- Quantiles (1, 2, 3)
- Regions of 1/2/3 σ
- Generate table with statistics
- Generate python code with your selected distribution and it's paramteters
- Copy code to clipboard or Download .py file and run it locally
- This part of the app fits selected distribution(s) to the data
- Import your data in a .csv file, or download sample data
- Choose distribution (multiselect box), has options All_distributions
- Show results:
- Interactive Figures (limited to 15 best fits)
- Displays results in a Table (for all distributions), which can be exported as .csv file
- Generates Python code set up with the best fit distribution: makes figure with pdf, cdf and sf
Use Distribution Analyser localy
Clone repository and run locally with Streamlit https://streamlit.io/:
$ git clone https://github.com/rdzudzar/DistributionAnalyser.git $ cd DistributionAnalyser $ streamlit run main.py
Code is written in Python 3.8.3, below are the packages which are used in the code:
streamlit >= 0.79.0
matplotlib >= 3.2.2
pandas >= 1.0.5
numpy >= 1.18.5
scipy >= 1.6.1
cmasher >= 1.5.10
bokeh >= 2.2.3
Distribution Analyser ├── main.py # Distribution Analyser page container ├── page_introduction.py # 1st Page in the Main app ├── page_explore.py # 2nd Page in the Main app ├── page_fit.py # 3rd Page in the Main app ├── helper_functions.py # Helper functions contain pre-made properties ├── README.rst ├── requirements.txt # List of used packages └── LICENSE │ ├── images │ ├── logo_da.png # App logo │ └── 6 other .png # Images used on the introduction page ├── sample_data │ └── sample_da.csv # Sample data for fitting ├── tests │ ├── test_app.py # Tests │ ├── funcs_for_testing.py # Copy of functions that are tested │ └── __init__.py ├── .streamlit │ └── config.toml # Streamlit config file, limits file upload
Distribution Analyser is an open-source and free-to-use, provided under the MIT licence. If you like Distribution Analyser, please share it, star repo and feel free to open issues for any bugs/requests.