CC3 Blender Tools
An add-on for importing and automatically setting up materials for Character Creator 3 character exports.
Using Blender in the Character Creator 3 pipeline can often feel like hitting a brick wall. Spending potentially hours having to get the import settings correct and setting up the materials often with hundreds of textures.
This add-on aims to reduce that time spent getting characters into Blender down to just a few seconds and make use of as many of the exported textures as possible so that character artists can work in the highest quality possible using Blender.
Installation, Updating, Removal
- Download the latest release.
- In Blender go to menu Edit->Preferences then select Add-ons.
- Click the Install button at the top of the preferences window and navigate to where you downloaded the zip file, select the file and click Install Add-on.
- Activate the add-on by ticking the checkbox next to Edit->Preferences then select Add-ons
- The add-ons functionality is available through the CC3 Tab in the tool menu to the right of the main viewport. Press N to show the tools if they are hidden.
- From the menu: Edit->Preferences then select Add-ons
- In the search box search All add-ons for "CC3 Tools"
- Deactivate the add-on by unticking the checbox next to Edit->Preferences then select Add-ons.
- Then click the Remove button.
- Remove the current version of the add-on by following the remove instructions above.
- Follow the installation instructions, above, to install the new version.