Shuup is an Open Source E-Commerce Platform based on Django and Python.
Docker quick start
Fastest way to get Shuup up and running is to use Docker.
Open localhost:8000/sa in a browser, log in with username:
Full Shuup installation guide
See Getting Started.
For simple project example see our Django-project template.
Getting Started with Shuup development
Contributing to Shuup
Interested in contributing to Shuup? Please see our Contribution Guide.
Shuup documentation is available online at Read the Docs.
Documentation is built with Sphinx.
Issue the following commands to build the documentation:
pip install -r requirements-doc.txt cd doc && make html
To update the API documentation rst files, e.g. after adding new modules, use command:
v3 (early 2021)
- Initial Django 3.x support
- Latest Jinja support
- Deprecate theme folders under Shuup front which are used to override individual macros in macro folders. This does not work well with latest Jinja and adds extra complexity.
v4 (mid 2021)
- Move Shuup front, xtheme and theming features to own addons. This so that projects not ready for updating theme or front can still get latest Shuup.
- Introduce new default theme and overhaul templates structure to be more simple (likely Bootstrap 5 will be used).
- Bump admin Bootstrap version to match with the new front
- Move various other not essential apps in this repository to addons for better version management.
- Django-project template. Django-project template.
- Provides system.
- Core settings.
- Front settings.
- Admin settings.
- Extending Shuup.