Through a simple object-oriented python API, Perceval provides tools for building a circuit with linear optics components, defining single-photon source, manipulating Fock states, running simulation, reproducing published experimental papers and experiment new generation of quantum algorithms. It aims to be a companion tool for developing photonics circuits
- while simulating on their design, modeling their ideal and real-life behaviour, and proposing a normalized interface
- to control them through the concept of backends.
Perceval has been developed as a complete toolkit for physicists and quantum computational students, researchers and practitioners.
- Powerful Circuit designer making use of predefined components
- Simple python API and powerful simulation backends optimized in C
- Misc technical utilities to manipulate State Vector, Unitary Matrices, and circuit Parameters
- Transversal tools for visualization compatible with notebooks or local development environments
- Works numerically and symbolically
- Modular architecture welcoming contributions from the community
- Python 3.6 or above
We recommend installing it with
pip install --upgrade pip pip install perceval-quandela
or simply from github:
git clone https://github.com/quandela/Perceval python setup.py install # [or 'develop' for developpers]