hyppo (HYPothesis Testing in PythOn, pronounced "Hippo") is an open-source software package for multivariate hypothesis testing. We decided to develop hyppo for the following reasons:
- With the increase in the amount of data in many fields, hypothesis testing for high dimensional and nonlinear data is important
- Libraries in R exist, but their interfaces are inconsistent and most are not available in Python
hyppo intends to be a comprehensive multivariate hypothesis testing package and runs on all major versions of operating systems. It also includes novel tests not found in other packages. It is quick to install and free of charge. If you need to use multivariate hypothesis testing, be sure to give hyppo a try!
hyppo requires the following:
- python (>= 3.6)
- numba (>= 0.46)
- numpy (>= 1.17)
- scipy (>= 1.4.0)
- scikit-learn (>= 0.22)
- joblib (>= 0.17.0)
The easiest way to install hyppo is using
pip install hyppo
To upgrade to a newer release use the
pip install --upgrade hyppo
See the changelog for a history of notable changes to hyppo.
We welcome new contributors of all experience levels. The hyppo community goals are to be helpful, welcoming, and effective. The contributor guide has detailed information about contributing code, documentation and tests.
- Official source code: https://github.com/neurodata/hyppo/tree/master/hyppo
- Download releases: https://pypi.org/project/hyppo/
- Issue tracker: https://github.com/neurodata/hyppo/issues
Note: We have recently moved our
benchmarks (with relevant figure replication code for our papers) folder to a new repo! We aim to add test development code and paper figure replication code there, and will add relevant tests (with tutorials) to hyppo.