An opensource chat service that cares about your privacy.
Instructions to set up a local testing environment:
1) Clone this repository and navigate to its root directory
2) Create a python virtual environment called ‘my_env’
3) Activate the virtual environment:
$ source ./my_env/bin/activate
(You should notice that the console starts displaying the virtual environment’s name before your own name and the dollar-sign).
4) Install this app’s dependencies on the virtual environment you just created:
(my_env)$ pip install -r requirements.txt
5) Run the app on localhost:
(my_env)$ python3 -m flask run
* Environment: production
WARNING: This is a development server. Do not use it in a production deployment.
Use a production WSGI server instead.
* Debug mode: off
* Running on http://127.0.0.1:5000/ (Press CTRL+C to quit)
Click on the link, and the homepage will be launched on your default browser. Yay!