CLI Utility to encode and recursively recreate directories with ffmpeg.
- Processing whole directories with ffmpeg.
- Recreating directories with identical foldernames/filenames on the output.
- Skipping Files that have alredy been processed.
- Deleting half processed files, to keep output directory clean.
- Ignoring non media files.
FFenmass is an ffmpeg wrapper, adding the ability to process media files in directories and recreate them recursively.
ffpb- Yeah I cant be bothered to make a ffmpeg loading bar, this works fine.
Recommended way is using
pip, as building from git can be unstable.
pip3 install ffenmass
FFenmass is transparent above ffmpeg, this means most ffmpeg syntax can be used with ffenmass as is to encode directories, using your standard settings.
- -i - This needs to be a directory created beforehand, instead of a file.
- output - This needs to be a directory, instead of a file.If the directory does not exist it will be creted. The output must be the last argument as per standard ffmpeg syntax.
- -ext - This is a custom argument, specific to ffenmass, here you will provide the extension you want for your files, examples
mp4,mkv,opus,mp3, you only provide the extension and with no
., for further clarification, look at the command comparison below.
!! Directories are required to have a trailing slash
The result is, ffenmass will encode all media files detected under the input directory with the provided ffmpeg arguments and output them with the same folder structure and filenames in the output directory.
Example compared to standard ffmpeg syntax
ffmpeg -i input.mkv -vcodec libx265 -preset medium out.mp4 ffenmass -i /path/to/folder/ -vcodec libx265 -preset medium -ext mp4 /output/directory/
Directory Tree visualization of what is going on when you run the command from the example above.
/path/to/folder/ /output/directory/ ├── givemefolders ├── givemefolders │ ├── somefolder │ ├── somefolder │ │ └── example_movie.mkv │ │ └── example_movie.mp4 │ │ └── irrelevant_textfile.txt │ │ │ ├── another_example.mkv → │ ├── another_example.mp4 │ ├── morefolders │ ├── morefolders │ │ └── a_lot_of_examples.ts │ │ └── a_lot_of_examples.mp4 │ └── documentary.mkv │ └── documentary.mp4 ├── another_example.mkv ├── another_example.mp4 ├── more-examples.mp4 ├── more-examples.mp4 └── examples_and_examples.ts └── examples_and_examples.mp4