cx_Freeze creates standalone executables from Python scripts, with the same performance, is cross-platform and should work on any platform that Python itself works on.
Highlights of Version 6.2 up to 6.7:
- New ModuleFinder engine uses importlib.machinery
- Refactored Freezer
- New support for package metadata improving Module and new DitributionCache
- Enhanced support for Python 3.8 and good support for Python 3.9
- Inclusive support for MSYS2 and Anaconda
- Improvements for multiprocessing
- Optimizations in detection and distribution of libraries
- Integrated to setuptools and importlib-metadata
- New or improved hooks
- Code modernization
- Various bug fixes.
In a virtual environment, install by issuing the command:
pip install --upgrade cx_Freeze
To install beta versions:
pip install --upgrade cx_Freeze --pre
Please check the installation in documentation for requirements.