Cthulhu is a simple python CLI application that facilitates the streaming of torrents directly from 1337x. It uses webtorrent to stream video from magnet links directly.
Cthulhu is heavily inspired by Bugswriter’s notflix, which was written using shell scripting. The differences between our programs aren’t very stark. All in all, I wrote this program mainly for fun and practice.
Feel free to submit issues and feature requests.
Notable Features (so far)
- Runs in the terminal
- Flags for filtering results by specific categories (Movies, TV Shows, Anime)
- Filtering out unwanted results by default, such as application files and pornogrophy
- mpv – A feature rich media player
- lxml – A python library for parsing XML/HTML.
pip install lxml
- peerflix – A tool to stream torrents.
npm install -g peerflix
Installation for Linux/macOS
cURL cthulhu to your $PATH and give execute permissions.
sudo curl -sL "https://raw.githubusercontent.com/trianglecirclexyz/cthulhu/main/cthulhu" -o /usr/local/bin/cthulhu sudo chmod +x /usr/local/bin/cthulhu
- To update, just do
curlagain, no need to
- To uninstall, remove
cthulhufrom your $PATH, for example
sudo rm -f /usr/local/bin/cthulhu.