The dolphin-pony – proof that cute + cute = double cute.
Django-MySQL extends Django’s built-in MySQL and MariaDB support their specific features not available on other databases.
What kind of features?
- ‘Smart’ iteration – chunked pagination across a large queryset
approx_countfor quick estimates of
- Query hints
pt-visual-explainof the underlying query
- Model fields:
- MariaDB Dynamic Columns for storing dictionaries
- Comma-separated fields for storing lists and sets
- ‘Missing’ fields: differently sized
BooleanFields represented by BIT(1)
- ORM expressions for over 20 MySQL-specific functions
- A new cache backend that makes use of MySQL’s upsert statement and does compression
- Status variable inspection and utility methods
- Named locks for easy locking of e.g. external resources
- Table lock manager for hard to pull off data migrations
To see them all, check out the exposition at https://django-mysql.readthedocs.io/en/latest/exposition.html .
Requirements and Installation
Every detail documented on Read The Docs.