- DNS Server: supporting all types of queries and replies. Should be able to do both recursive and iterative queries. Caching to be implemented.
- Client like nslookup: as close as possible to the existing nslookup, all options, all functionality, use of the file /etc/resolv.conf
$ git clone https://github.com/Nishant-Badgujar18/Dns-client-server.git
To compile and run the code
- Run the server in one terminal by typing the command ‘python3 dns-server.py’. On the other terminal run client side commands one by one.
- Types of queries: a, aaaa, cname, ns, mx, ptr, any
- Inverse(reverse) queries
- Set a server other than the default.
- Set a port number other than the default.
- Set timeout for the request
- Set recursive or non-recursive queries
- Find the values of all parameters(server, port, timeout, query type, class)
- Caching of responses at the local dns server according to their time to live.
- Kalpesh Ahire (111903038)
- Nishant Badgujar (111903053)