ESPN FANTASY BASKETBALL HELPER
The simple goal of this project is to allow fantasy managers a simple way to see which NBA players are playing on back to back days. This allows players to maximize the amount of players they have playing in a given week while reducing the amount of pickups they use. This program also allows players to see which players are playing on specifc days that they input. They are given a list containing the players total points, average points, projected ROS Avg Pts, and Injury Status. The user can then input a player number to see stats from a specific players past 10 games.
- Need all necesary libraries: selenium, numpy, pandas, etc
- Download chromedriver
- Go into the dataScraper.py file and Change line 27 to file path to chromedriver
- Change line 50 and 52 to login info
- Change line 69 to your team name
- If you would like to get the updated csv of players, enter Y to the first question. The program will use selenium to access and click through Google Chrome. Then it will scrape data for all available players.
- The program will then ask for you to insert the days that you want to find out which teams play on
- The program then produces the following table:
- You can look at the past 10 games of a specific player by entering their No. (in this example it is N.)