Fully integrated architecture platform with a dashboard for Logistics Monitoring, Internet of Things.
- Written in Python.
- Flask application as back-end.
- PostgreSQL as SQL database.
- Database connection pooling.
- Simple dashboard in plain HTML/CSS.
- Communication protocol interface for IoT devices.
- Communication protocol for the Mictrack MT821/MT825 GPS tracker in UDP multithreaded mode.
- Geofences to save GPS tracker battery when it is not in zone.
- Geofence alerts.
- Linux operating system.
- Python (version >= 3.8) installed.
- pip installed.
- PosgreSQL server installed, I recommend lastest stable version. You can follow this tutorial. I also recommend to set up the configuration file "pg_hba.conf" and set a IPv4 host entry to listen at "0.0.0.0" address and allow md5 authentication, there are many guides about "pg_hba.conf" out there.
- Port forwarding for the ports described here.
- pgAdmin 4 (Optional).
Once you have met all the requirements mentioned in the previous section, just follow these steps:
- Clone or download this repo via HTTPS/SSH in your file system.
- Navigate to the repository directory:
- Create a new virtual environment in the root folder of the repository and activate it:
python3 -m venv venv . venv/bin/activate
- Once the virtual environment is activated (you are inside it), install all required Python packages from requirements:
pip install -r requirements.txt
- Finally, run the application installation script (if asked, enter your user password):
To upgrade all python packages simply run the upgrade script within the virtual environment:
In order start the entire application just run the start script within the virtual environment (log files will be automatically created):
If you only wish to run the Flask instance separately:
flask run --host=0.0.0.0
Finally, if you only wish to run the Micktrack MT821/MT825 communication protocol separately:
python -m comm_protocol.mt82x
Be care the application could have been started without this scripts (e.g. starting manually from another folder), so the status and shutdown scripts could fail or show wrong results.