JSON for Modern C++ Release Scripts
- Install required tools:
- Add required keys to
config.json(apparently not checked in to GitHub).
Set the version number.
- Edit file
Check if the milestone is correctly set.
- Check https://github.com/nlohmann/json/milestones: Are all assigned issues closed? Is the due date set to today?
Clean the working directory.
rm -fr workdir/json.
Update feature slideshow.
- Adjust version and content in slideshow
Checkout working copy and bump versions.
Make last adjustments to the working copy
README.mdand add new contributors.
Commit all changes to the working copy.
Create an empty release draft and push it to GitHub.
Edit the created release draft.
- Go to https://github.com/nlohmann/json/releases and add the release notes based on WIP discussion post.
- Wait for the CI to complete on the pushed release branch.
- Wait until https://github.com/nlohmann/json/actions is green.
- Merge the release branch and push all changes.
- Publish the release.
- Go to https://github.com/nlohmann/json/releases and publish the release. Remember to tick the "Create a discussion for this release" checkbox.
- Create PR for Homebrew formula.
- Clean up discussions.
- Unpin posts.
- Close WIP post.
- Create WIP post for next release.
- Pin post for current release.
- Close current and create a new milestone.