Python-rtsp-server is a lightweight, zero-dependency proxy and storage server
for several IP-cameras and multiple clients.
- Reliable connection of clients in the local network. One connection to each camera, regardless of the number of clients.
- Minimum client connection latency.
- Low CPU load.
- Proxying streams from IP cameras to an unlimited number of clients in the local network, the ability to limit the number of web clients.
- Ability to save to hard disk, with fragmentation and daily rotation.
- Restoring of connection with cameras and recording to disk after a possible disconnection of cameras.
Python 3.7+ is required. Optionally uses system-wide utilities for saving streams to file storage, such as ffmpeg, OpenRTSP or mencoder.
Compatible with Linux. Supports H.264, H.265 and H.265+ codecs.
Tested with Hikvision DS-2CD2023 and Rubetek RV-3414 IP-cameras, using VLC as a client.
Copy config-example.py to private configuration file _config.py and edit _config.py.
Start the server:
vlc --rtsp-tcp rtsp://localhost:4554/camera-hash
Start on boot with systemd
Create the service unit /etc/systemd/system/python-rtsp-server.service:
[Unit] Description="video monitoring" [Service] ExecStart=/usr/bin/python3 /path-to-python-rtsp-server/main.py [Install] WantedBy=multi-user.target
Enable and start the service:
sudo systemctl enable python-rtsp-server sudo systemctl start python-rtsp-server
Copyright (c) 2021 vladpen under MIT license. Use it with absolutely no warranty.