Little python script + dictionary to help solve Wordle puzzles
Usage: ./wordlesolver.py [letters in word] [letters not in word] [placemen]t
- [letters in word] is just any letters that you know are in the word, without spaces, for example: fa
- [letters not in word] is just any letters that you know are not in the word, without space, for example: bqwetl
- [placement] should have the actual placement for any letters that went green, with any unknowns marked as an underscore, for example f___r
If you can’t fill out one of these fields because you don’t yet have enough information, just replace it with a single question mark “?”.=
wordlesolver$ python3 wordlesolver.py fa bqwetl f___r
Loaded 15918 words from dictionary.
- Try to use as many vowels as possible on the first guess, my first guess is always adieu.
- Actually, according to this you might be better to use
roateas your first guess!
Want something better?
I just discovered this one – it uses an algorithm to determine the best guess in every scenario, the guess that will narrow down the pool of solutions as much as possible!