pybot - A Minecraft bot written in Python using Mineflayer
Tested with Java Edition 1.16.5.
Guido Appenzeller, Daniel Appenzeller
Released under Apache 2.0
Copy the account_sample.py to account/account.py and edit the following fields:
- User Name
- Server IP or name
- "master" is the in-game name of the player that the bot should take commands from (i.e. your in-game name)
- version to the server's minecraft version
You can also specify locations in this file. This is mostly useful to have the bot transfer contents between chests.
Simple commands are given via chat. The bot has a specific "master" player that it will listen to. Try "come", "inventory" or "status" to get an idea. Other users can also give commands but need to preface it with a callsign.
Many activities can be stopped with the command "stop".
PyBot starts most complex activities around a chest. There are two types:
- For an activity that dodesn't need a specifi direction like farming an area, it's just a chest. Material (e.g. seeds) and resources (e.g. wheat) will be taken from and later placed into that chest.
- For activities that do have a direction (e.g. dig a tunnel in a specific direction), starting point is a chest and the direction is indicated by placing a torch on the ground directly next to the chest.
For these activities, have the bot come next to the chest and once it is there tell it to "farm" or "mine 3x3".
To start, place a chest in the area you want to farm and start with "farm". The bot will take seeds from the cest, and plant them in any nearby farmland that it can reach. If there are fully grown crops, the pot will harvest them and place them and any extra seeds in the chest. Chat "stop" to stop the bot.
Right now only works with mega spruce trees. Plant 2x2 saplings and get a tree with up to 100 blocks of wood. Place a chest within 25 blocks from the tree, put a few stone axes and bread as food in the chest and start with "chop". The bot will do a spiral cut up the trunk and then cut down. It will continue to chop down trees as long as it finds them and deposit the wood into the chest.
Right now, this activity can't be aborted with stop.
- Strip mining and lighting up corridors with torches. Try "mine fast", "mine 3x3" or "mine 5x5"
- The bot will looking for valuable ores off corridors, usually with a default distance of 5
- Try "boxmine" to mine out large areas for underground rooms
- The bot will automatically bridge across chasms/lava
- It will not defend itself yet, but it will run away when taking damage and ninja-log when below 50%
Try "come" to make the bot come to the player
Still early, but if you add a blueprint to bulueprint_list.py, the bot can build it. Starting point is a chest with a torch. The bot can build a full sorting system with "build sorter".