pybuster is a tool that is used to brute-force URIs on web servers.
Why should i use this over gobuster?
The gobuster tool might be overall quicker, and it might be better in other fields, but;
- This tool runs on python3, which is pre-installed on most systems
- It uses pip3 for modules, and it only requires one, requests, which is already installed in most systems
- It is easier to understand python code over go code, when you aren’t a programmer, thus you can easily edit this.
- Faster setup, you dont need to install golang, you can start it directly.
Changes in v0.1.0
- Can select mode (still only dir mode is fully supported)
- used python argparse module for cleaner commandline arguments
- URL pattern to replace, you can put PYBUSTER in the URL, and it will replace it with the current wordlist item. Example: http://PYBUSTER.glaukio.com/ (do NOT put PYBUSTER in the end of the URL, for example; /PYBUSTER, it will start checking the URL like this; /wordlist_item/wordlist_item!)
Changes in v0.0.1
- Added base files
- Support for dir mode
- Custom thread selection
- CLI-like interface for displaying data while-running, no long outputs
- On exit, show a summary of what happend
- Pipe between threads
- Stop on command
- Custom wordlist selection
- Custom sucess status selection