Pylorawan is a Micropython wrapper for lorawan devices from RAK Wireless.
Tested on a Raspberry PI Pico with a RAK4200(H) Evaluation Board (868MHz) (bought direct from RAK Wireless: https://rakwireless.kckb.st/821e96d1 )
It uses the RAK devices AT commands to join the network and send the data
How do I use this?
- Create an account on The Things Network / The Things Stack Community Edition and register your device and create an application
- Use Thonny to edit the
simple_example.pywith the keys from your device and The Things Network (TTN)
- Ensure that you use the right region (I’m in Europe, so I use
EU868, in the USA you would use:
US915, in India:
- Connect the Pico and the RAK 4200 device. Ensuring that:
- The Pico UART0 Tx connects to the UART Rx on the RAK device
- The Pico UART0 Rx connects to the UART Tx on the RAK device
- Upload the 2 files,
simple_example.pyto the Pico using Thonny
simple_example.pyin Thonny and hit play. If debug is set to True, you should get debug like this: