RTMP/RTSP/HLS Bridge for Wyze Cam
Docker container to expose a local RTMP, RTSP, and HLS stream for all your Wyze cameras including v3. No Third-party or special firmware required.
Based on @noelhibbard's script with kroo/wyzecam, and aler9/rtsp-simple-server.
Should work on most x64 systems as well as on some arm-based systems like the Raspberry Pi.
See here for instructions to run on arm.
Some reports of issues with v1 and WCO models that need further investigation.
⚠️ Latest Firmware Compatibility
Latest version of the Wyze firmware seems to cause connection issues which will result in the error:
Use your Wyze credentials and run:
docker run -p 1935:1935 -p 8554:8554 -p 8888:8888 -e WYZE_EMAIL= -e WYZE_PASSWORD= mrlt8/wyze-bridge
Build with docker-compose (recommended)
git clone https://github.com/mrlt8/docker-wyze-bridge.git
cp docker-compose.sample.yml docker-compose.yml
docker-compose.ymlwith your wyze credentials
docker-compose up --build
Once you're happy with your config you can use
docker-compose up -d to run it in detached mode.
camera-nickname is the name of the camera set in the Wyze app and are converted to lower case with hyphens in place of spaces.
e.g. 'Front Door' would be
- HLS can also be viewed in the browser using:
The default option will automatically create a stream for all the cameras on your account, but you can use the following environment options in your
docker-compose.yml to filter the cameras.
All options are cAsE-InSensiTive, and take single or multiple comma separated values.
- Whitelist by Camera Name (set in the wyze app):
environment: .. - FILTER_NAMES=Front Door, Driveway, porch cam
- Whitelist by Camera MAC Address:
- FILTER_MACS=00:aA:22:33:44:55, Aa22334455bB
- Whitelist by Camera Model:
- Whitelist by Camera Model Name:
- FILTER_MODEL=V2, v3, Pan
You can reverse any of these whitelists into blacklists by adding block, blacklist, exclude, ignore, or reverse to
environment: .. - FILTER_NAMES=Bedroom - FILTER_MODE=BLOCK
Two-factor authentication ("Two-Step Verification" in the wyze app) is supported and will automatically be detected, however additional steps are required to enter your verification code.
- Echo the verification code directly to
docker exec -it wyze-bridge sh -c 'echo "123456" > /tokens/mfa_token'
/tokens/locally and add your verification code to a new file
volumes: - ./tokens:/tokens/
ARM/Raspberry Pi Support
The default configuration will use the x64 tutk library, however, you can edit your
docker-compose.yml to use the 32-bit arm library by setting
build: context: ./app dockerfile: Dockerfile.arm environment: ..
Alternatively, you can pull a pre-built image using:
image: mrlt8/wyze-bridge:latest environment: ..
Like the wyze app, the tutk library will attempt to stream directly from the camera when on the same LAN as the camera in "LAN mode" or relay the stream via the cloud in "relay mode".
LAN mode is more ideal as all streaming will be local and won't use additional bandwidth.
You can restrict streaming to LAN only by adding the
LAN_ONLY environment variable:
environment: .. - LAN_ONLY=True
Bitrate and Resolution
Bitrate and resolution of the stream from the wyze camera can be adjusted with
- Resolution can be set to
SD(640x360 cams/480x640 doorbell) or
HD(1920x1080 cam/1296x1728 doorbell). Default - HD.
- Bitrate can be set from 60 to 240 kb/s. Default - 120.
- Bitrate and resolution changes will apply to ALL cameras.
environment: .. - QUALITY=SD60
Custom FFmpeg Commands
You can pass a custom command to FFmpeg by using
FFMPEG_CMD in your docker-compose.yml:
For all cameras:
environment: .. - FFMPEG_CMD=-f h264 -i - -vcodec copy -f flv rtmp://rtsp-server:1935/
For a specific camera:
CAM_NAME is the camera name in UPPERCASE and
_ in place of spaces and hyphens:
- FFMPEG_CMD_CAM_NAME=ffmpeg -f h264 -i - -vcodec copy -f flv rtmp://rtsp-server:1935/
ffmpegcommand is implied and is optional.
- The camera name will automatically be appended to the command, so you need to end with the rtmp/rtsp url.
rtsp-simple-server options can be customized as an environment variable in your docker-compose.yml by prefixing
RTSP_ to the UPPERCASE parameter.
- RTSP_RTSPADDRESS=:8555 to overwrite the default
- RTSP_PATHS_ALL_READUSER=123 to customize a path specific option like
paths: all: readuser:123
- URI_SEPARATOR= Customize the separator used to replace spaces in the URI; available values are
_, or use
# to remove spaces.
- IGNORE_OFFLINE=true Ignore ofline cameras until container restarts
- DEBUG_LEVEL= Adjust the level of upstream logging
- RTSP_LOGLEVEL= Adjust the verbosity of rtsp-simple-server; available values are "warn", "info", "debug".
- DEBUG_FFMPEG=True Enable additional logging from FFmpeg
- FRESH_DATA=True Remove local cache and pull new data from wyze servers.