scikit-image: Image processing in Python
- Website (including documentation): https://scikit-image.org/
- Mailing list: https://mail.python.org/mailman3/lists/scikit-image.python.org/
- Source: https://github.com/scikit-image/scikit-image
- Benchmarks: https://pandas.pydata.org/speed/scikit-image/
Installation from binaries
sudo apt-get install python-skimage
pip install scikit-image
conda install -c conda-forge scikit-image
- Windows: Download Windows binaries
Also see installing
Installation from source
Install dependencies using:
pip install -r requirements.txt
Then, install scikit-image using:
$ pip install .
If you plan to develop the package, you may run it directly from source:
$ pip install -e . # Do this once to add package to Python path
Every time you modify Cython files, also run:
$ python setup.py build_ext -i # Build binary extensions
License (Modified BSD)
Copyright (C) 2011, the scikit-image team All rights reserved.
Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions are met:
- Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.
- Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution.
- Neither the name of skimage nor the names of its contributors may be used to endorse or promote products derived from this software without specific prior written permission.