Seamlessly integrate pydantic models in your Sphinx documentation.
Perfect, let's go. But wait, sphinx' autodoc
does not integrate too well with pydantic models 😕.
Don't worry - just
pip install autodoc_pydantic ☺.
- 💬 provides default values, alias and constraints for model fields
- 🔗 adds hyperlinks between validators and corresponding fields
- 📃 includes collapsable model json schema
- 🏄 natively integrates with autodoc and autosummary extensions
- 📎 defines explicit pydantic prefixes for models, settings, fields, validators and model config
- 📋 shows summary section for model configuration, fields and validators
- 👀 hides overloaded and redundant model class signature
- 📚 sorts fields, validators and model config within models by type
- 🍀 Supports
pydantic >= 1.5.0and
sphinx >= 3.4.0
Comparison between autodoc sphinx and autodoc pydantic
To see those features in action, jump over to the example documentation to compare
the appearance of standard sphinx autodoc with autodoc_pydantic.