Pelican is a static site generator, written in Python.
- Write content in reStructuredText or Markdown using your editor of choice
- Includes a simple command line tool to (re)generate site files
- Easy to interface with version control systems and web hooks
- Completely static output is simple to host anywhere
Pelican currently supports:
- Chronological content (e.g., articles, blog posts) as well as static pages
- Integration with external services (e.g., Google Analytics and Disqus)
- Site themes (created using Jinja2 templates)
- Publication of articles in multiple languages
- Generation of Atom and RSS feeds
- Syntax highlighting via Pygments
- Importing existing content from WordPress, Dotclear, and other services
- Fast rebuild times due to content caching and selective output writing
Check out Pelican’s documentation for further information.
How to get help, contribute, or provide feedback
Why the name “Pelican”?
“Pelican” is an anagram of calepin, which means “notebook” in French.