A bigger percentage of daily chores demand excellent mobility. So, when you get a fracture or severe injury of the foot or ankle, things can come to a standstill, right? Well, not necessarily. Thanks to orthopaedic boots, you can still accomplish mots tasks. Also known as walking boots, they provide extra comfort, support, and protection during the period of recovery. Not to mention, they are available in different styles to accommodate all types of ankle and foot injuries. You’re probably looking for the best walking boots on the market. Tell you what – you’re on the right place.
we review the best walking boots according to real-life users and medical personnel. For the best result, make sure you choose the right boot for your condition.
Table of the Best Walking Boots Reviews
10. DonJoy MaxTrax Air Ankle Walker Brace – Walking Boots
MaxTrax is a pneumatic boot. As such, you can adjust it to provide a level of compression that’s comfortable for you. Besides, it offers extra protection that limits motion as much as possible. This makes it an ideal choice for ankle fractures and injuries on the lower leg. Also, the booth features foam padding on the inner and outer sole. Thus, it does an excellent job of absorbing shock, which in turn offers additional comfort.
Another remarkable feature is the low-profile bottom. It relieves pressure off the sole of your foot. Not to mention, it encourages a natural gait. The boot comes with straps to provide a secure fit. And should you choose, you can fit it either on the right or left foot.
- Excellent for ankle fractures and lower foot injuries
- An integrated pump allows you to adjust the level of compression
- Padded inner sole and outer sole absorb shock
- Low-profile bottom boosts natural gait and relieves pressure off the sole of your foot
- Can fit either the left or the right foot
9. Aircast SP Short Pneumatic Walker Brace – Walking Boots
Aircast SP is a short orthopaedic boot. Hence, it makes an ideal option for recovery or soft tissue injuries of the ankle. The boot has air cushions to protect and support the foot. Also, users can choose to adjust the air cells to a level of compression they see fit. This is possible, thanks to the included hand pump. Moreover, the air cells make the boot lightweight for easy movement. The boot features a low-profile bottom. Not only does it boost natural gait, but it also takes the pressure off the sole of your foot. Furthermore, it has straps that provide a secure fit.
- Excellent for recovery and forefoot injuries
- The pneumatic design allows you to adjust the level of compression
- Lightweight construction provides easy movement
- Low-profile bottom boosts natural gait and takes the pressure off the foot
8. Aircast AirSelect Walker Brace – Elite, Short and Standard Walking Boots
AirSelect boot is available in three versions – Elite, Short, and Standard. The Elite and Standard versions come tall. As such, they limit mobility as much as possible, making them ideal for foot fractures. Besides, they provide extra protection. The Short version, on the other hand, is a suitable option for forefoot injuries. Each style boasts a semi-rigid shell that protects and supports the limb.
The open-frame design allows for better ventilation. Also, the boot has a rubber tread on the outer sole. As a result, it provides better traction and takes longer to wear out. Apart from providing a better grip, the sole boasts a low-profile design that encourages a natural gait. Another remarkable feature is the soft padding on the inner sole. It absorbs shock to provide additional comfort. Well, AirSelect is a pneumatic boot. Hence, you can vary the level of compression. For the most part, it can reduce oedema as fast as three times.
- The boot is available in short and tall versions
- Semi-rigid shell offers better limb protection and support
- Open-design improves ventilation
- A lightweight and shallow outer sole encourages a natural gait
- Rubber tread provides better grip
- Variable levels of compression
- Fits the left or right foot
7. United Ortho Short Air Cam Walker Fracture Boot
This is a short fracture boot, an ideal choice for soft tissue injuries. It’s an air boot that allows you to adjust the level of compression. Hence, you can choose the comfort level that’s ideal for each phase of recovery. The boot has a flexible upright. As such, it can bend out to accommodate an ankle that is wider than average. For this reason, it makes an ideal choice for a swollen foot. Steel reinforcement, on the other hand, increase durability. Besides, it provides maximum support and protection.
The insole has thick padding, which provides excellent shock absorption. Another remarkable feature is the rocker sole. It helps encourage a natural gait, allowing you to continue with your daily activities.
- Air bladders allow you to adjust the level of compression
- A plastic upright is flexible enough to accommodate a swollen foot
- Durable steel reinforcement provides additional support and protection
- The inner sole has soft padding to absorb shock
- A low-profile bottom encourages a natural gait
6. Ossur Rebound Air Walker Boot with Fully-Integrated Pneumatic Pump
Do you have injuries on the calf tissues? Well, this walking boot is a premium choice. The boot is available in two sizes (medium and high top). Unlike short boots, it provides more support and protection. It includes a breathable material that keeps your skin dry and comfortable. Also, the boot has a soft bumper in the toe area. As such, it offers additional toe protection.
Well, this is a pneumatic boot. And the best part, it has a fully-integrated air pump. Together with release valves, you can adjust the compression to a level that’s comfortable for you. Furthermore, the boot has a low-profile bottom. Therefore, it encourages a natural and stable gait.
- Tall boots provide more support and protection
- Breathable material keeps the skin dry for additional comfort
- Soft padding in the toe area provides additional protection
- The integrated pump allows you to adjust the level of compression
- A thin outer sole encourages a natural gait
5. Mars Wellness Premium Tall Air Cam Walker Fracture Ankle – Foot Stabilizer Boot
Mars Wellness is another ideal option for ankle fractures and lower foot injuries. This walking boot is made of durable yet lightweight material. Hence, it’s convenient for daily use. It’s a pneumatic boot. Because of that, you can adjust the level of compression. Also, it boasts a quick-release valve. This makes it easy to deflate. Well, this walking boot has more contact area. For this reason, it helps reduce pressure points. Furthermore, it has a low-profile bottom. As a result, it encourages a natural walking motion.
- Has a lightweight yet durable construction
- More surface area contact reduces pressure points
- Low-profile bottom encourages a natural gait
- Air-pump feature offers the right level of compression
4. Aircast FP Foam Pneumatic Walker Brace/Walking Boots
Aircast FP boasts a flexible shell. As a result, it can bend out to fit a swollen foot. Not to mention, it’s tall to provide extra support and protection. You can adjust the level of compression. And in doing so, it provides a custom fit that is comfortable for your situation. Apart from that, you can individually inflate each air cell. This provides more contact area to reduce pressure points. Another remarkable feature is the lightweight construction. It allows for easy movement and still remains comfortable for daily use.
- Lightweight construction allows for easy movement
- Adjustable air cells provide the level of compression that’s comfortable for you
- Provides excellent support for stable fractures and severe ankle sprains
- Includes a hand bulb for easy inflation
3. Mars Wellness Short Air Cam Walker Fracture Ankle & Foot Stabilizer Boot
This is another high-quality boot from Mars. Like the tall version, it boasts a premium construction. Steel rivets, for instance, provide lasting durability. The straps not only provide a secure fit but also hold the bracket to keep it in one place. Well, this is an air boot. For this reason, it comes lightweight for easy movement. Also, you can inflate or deflate to achieve a custom fit. Another remarkable feature is the quick-release air valve. It releases air fast at a push of a button.
- Durable construction
- Adjustable air cells
- Straps provide a comfortable and secure fit
- Push-button air release
- Lightweight construction allows easy movement
2. ProCare XcelTrax Air Tall Walker Brace
Well, this is a tall boot. Hence, it’s the right choice if you’re looking for extra protection and support. For the most part, it provides the comfort you need in the event of moderate to severe sprains. This walking brace boasts a comfortable ergonomic frame. It’s lightweight, making it less cumbersome. And thanks to the integrated pump, you can inflate to get the right level of compression. The liner, on the other hand, comes in a soft foam padding. It cushions your foot and helps to absorb shock.
- Ideal for moderate to severe sprains
- Provides extra protection and support
- A lightweight, ergonomic frame
- Soft padding provides additional comfort and protection
- Includes an integrated pump
1. Kefit ROM Air Cam Walker Walking Boot for Sprained Ankle & Broken Foot
Boasting up to five straps, this boot provides one of the most secure fit. And with a simple turn of a dial, you can inflate or deflate to match your needs. A soft padding liner, on the other hand, offers extra comfort and protection. Also, the boot has struts to provide lasting durability and better stability. The sole of this boot is narrower. Hence, it doesn’t restrict natural movement. It makes an ideal choice for both sprains and fracture.
- Multiple straps provide a secure fit
- Easy inflation and deflation
- A soft liner absorbs shock and provides extra comfort
- A narrow sole allows for natural movement