Tool to convert text to speech, creating files for later use. TTRS uses Google's gTTS module to easily create robo text readin' on command.
TTRS v0.3.3 Changelog:
- Finally made the words wrap in the text entry.
Using as executable file
To use easily, you can simply download the TTRS_v0.3.3 zip and run the .exe file within. It's already packed for you, so it should be as easy as double-clicking and getting to work. The exact steps are as follows:
- Download TTRS_v-0.3.3.zip
- Extract the zip file
- Within the newly extracted folder, you'll find the executable. Don't move it, there are necessary parts hidden within the file.
- Double click the .exe file to start the program
Using as Python Script
To use, you'll first need to get the gtts module and set up Python 3.9. To install using pip on Windows (comes with standard Python installations), do the following:
- Right click the windows icon
- Press "Windows PowerShell (Admin)
- Type "pip install gtts", then enter -- the computer will do the rest
- Download the TTRS_v-0.3.3.py and icon2.ico files. Place them both in same directory.
- Run the Python script
Full requirements: playsound and gtts