Web scraping was performed on the Top 10 Tech Channels on Youtube using Selenium (an automated browser (driver) controlled using python, which is often used in web scraping and web testing). Web scrapped Youtube channels were were determined using a Top 10 Tech Youtubers list from blog.bit.ai. Scraping included:
- General data for each channel
- ex.join date, name, no. of subscribers
- Data from most popular videos per channel
- ex. video titles, views,
- Data specific to each video.
- ex. post date, no. of upvotes, no. comments.
The average number of videos per channel was around 200. In total, the data from 2000 videos was scrapped. All data was saved to multiple CSV files to aid in further analyze on a Google Colab notebook.