Cache and Session Library
Beaker is a web session and general caching library that includes WSGI middleware for use in web applications.
As a general caching library, Beaker can handle storing for various times any Python object that can be pickled with optional back-ends on a fine-grained basis.
Beaker was built largely on the code from MyghtyUtils, then refactored and extended with database support.
Beaker includes Cache and Session WSGI middleware to ease integration with WSGI capable frameworks, and is automatically used by Pylons and TurboGears.
- Fast, robust performance
- Multiple reader/single writer lock system to avoid duplicate simultaneous
- Cache back-ends include dbm, file, memory, memcached, Redis, MongoDB, and
database (Using SQLAlchemy for multiple-db vendor support)
- Signed cookies to prevent session hijacking/spoofing
- Cookie-only sessions to remove the need for a db or file backend (ideal
for clustered systems)
- Extensible Container object to support new back-ends
- Caches can be divided into namespaces (to represent templates, objects,
etc.) then keyed for different copies
- Create functions for automatic call-backs to create new cache copies after
- Fine-grained toggling of back-ends, keys, and expiration per Cache object
Subscribe to Python Awesome
Get the latest posts delivered right to your inbox